Crisis in Armenia
On March 1 2008, two weeks after the February 19 Presidential alections, the outgoing President of Armenia declared a state of emergency in the country. This crisis, one of the gravest institutional crises in the country since its independence in 1991, may turn out to be a defining moment in the country's development, and in its relations with the EU. The links below are provided to help guide readers through to insightful, original and relevant information.
- IE held a workshop of experts in Brussels on the situation. [Read the workshop report]
- To propose additional links and documents, please write to email@example.com.
- EU Presidency declaration on 4/3/08
- Commissioner Ferrero-Waldner on election results (21/2/08) and on "riots in Yerevan" (4/3/08)
- OSCE post-election interim report (latest, March 3)
- OSCE office in Yerevan webiste
- Foreign Minister's statement and Foreign Ministry website.
- Armenia's HR ombudsman's statement.
- Interview of Marianne Isler Beguin MEP